NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the fifty United States (and the District of Columbia). Subject to all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Sweepstakes begins on December 1, 2017 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on June 1, 2018 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is not endorsed or sponsored by, or in any way affiliated with, Facebook, Inc. or any of its affiliates.
- Eligibility: The Glasses.com Gift Card Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority, whichever is older, in their state or province of residence as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Glasses.com (the “Sponsor”) or its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the Prize (as defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
- Sponsor: Glasses.com, 4000 Luxottica Place, Mason, OH 45040
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit Glasses.com’s Facebook page and complete the lead generation form. Upon completion and submission of the entry form, you will be entered with one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. All potential Winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. By registering, you agree that Sponsor may contact you via social media, including on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter by sending you a direct message, tagging you, posting to your social media page or naming you on Sponsor’s social media pages. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER DAY, BY ANY METHOD OF ENTRY, DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the contestant. No copies, facsimiles, or mechanical reproductions of the Entry Form will be accepted. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries, and that entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the Prize (as defined below). Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. You must complete all required information to be eligible to enter. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives or service providers may use entrants’ personal information submitted with entry for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing by Sponsor, such as to notify them of a product or promotion that Sponsor thinks may be of interest. Sponsor will not sell personal information submitted with entry to outside solicitors.
- Selection of Winner: A Glasses.com representative or a representative from Ad Agency for Glasses.com will notify winner via email of gift card. If Winner doesn’t respond to Glasses.com or Agency within 48-hours, Glasses.com or Agency has the right to select another winner and notify the original winner of the decision. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER DAY. One (1) Prize: one $100 gift card. Total ARV: $100.00. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. For complete rules/eligibility, visit http://glasses.com/blog/glasses-com-gift-card-sweepstakes.
On or about the first day of each month from December 1, 2017 – June 1, 2018, Sponsor will select the name of the potential Winner of the Prize (as defined below) in a random drawing from among all entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. Except where legally prohibited, potential Winner must sign and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her Prize (as defined below). If the potential Winner cannot be contacted in person via email and/or telephone after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, or in the event that the potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the Prize (as defined below) to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the Prize will remain un-awarded.
Verification of Potential Winner: Potential WINNER IS subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility HAS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
- Prize: Only one (1) Prize will be awarded per month. The Prize consists of one (1) $100 gift card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize to be awarded: One Hundred U.S. Dollars ($100.00).
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Additional terms and conditions may apply to gift card; see front and back of gift card for additional terms. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of Prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to, telephone and/or Internet fees, surcharges and/or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of Winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes or components of a Prize(s). Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the Prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
- PUBLICITY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR AND ITS RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES WINNER AND WINNER’S GUESTS’ GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER’S ENTRY, THE WINNER AND WINNER’S GUESTS’ NAMES, PORTRAITS, PICTURES, VOICES, LIKENESSES, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER AND WINNER’S GUESTS’ NAMES ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action (collectively, “Disputes”) arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the Prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio or the appropriate State Court located in Ohio; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, visithttp://glasses.com/blog/glasses-com-gift-card-sweepstakes. For the name of Winner available after June 1, 2018, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: [4000 Luxottica Place, Mason, OH 45040. Vermont residents may exclude return postage on requests for Official Rules.
Copyright ©2017 Glasses.com. This Sweepstakes is not endorsed or sponsored by, or in any way affiliated with, Facebook, Inc. or any of its affiliates. All rights reserved.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
Void where prohibited and outside the 50 U.S. (and DC). Open to legal U.S. residents (incl. DC), ages 18+ at entry. Begins 12:01 AM ET on December 1, 2017 ends 12:01 ET on June 1, 2018. To enter, complete and submit online entry form via Glasses.com Facebook page. Glasses.com will randomly select one (1) winner per month. A Glasses.com representative or a representative from Ad Agency for Glasses.com will notify winner via email of gift card. If Winner doesn’t respond to Glasses.com or Agency within 48-hours, Glasses.com or Agency has the right to select another winner and notify the original winner of the decision. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER DAY. One (1) Prize: one $100 gift card. Total ARV: $100.00. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. For complete rules/eligibility, visit http://glasses.com/blog/glasses-com-gift-card-sweepstakes. Sponsor: Glasses.com. Copyright ©2017 Glasses.com. This Sweepstakes is not endorsed or sponsored by, or in any way affiliated with, Facebook, Inc. or any of its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Just like a snowstorm and hot chocolate go hand in hand, there are ideal circumstances where glasses provide comfort, style and protection.
Whether you are seeking to match a stylish outfit with the perfect pair of glasses or protect your eyes from your computer screen and mobile device, we have listed several instances where you just can’t beat wearing glasses.
Working on a Computer
According to LensCrafters, 30 percent of adults spend more than 9 hours on a digital device every day.
As technology continues to be a huge part of our daily lives, it’s important to think about digital eye strain and what steps you can take to make it better.
You can get blue light lenses to view content on a digital screen. They’re available with or without a prescription.
Put your glasses on your nightstand so you can see clearly once your alarm clock goes off. You can avoid potential injury by seeing objects en route to the kitchen, bathroom or living room. This might sound obvious, but so many people with bad vision misplace their glasses, which can wreak havoc in the morning.
Are you looking to spruce up your style? If you have never worn glasses in public, now is the time to bolster your appearance by wearing fashionable eyeglasses.
Imagine showing up at a dinner party with friends with the new Ray-Ban RX5154. You will be the focal point of the conversation, as people will recognize your stylish and sophisticated look.
If you travel frequently, there is a strong likelihood that you’ll dose off during the plane ride. Most contacts aren’t meant to be slept in. Sleeping in your contacts severely limits oxygen transmission to your eyes.
If you wear contacts and plan on dozing off during the flight, wearing your glasses would be the right choice. Traveling with an extra pair of glasses is also recommended in case you lose your contacts or your primary pair of glasses.
According to Business Insider, research suggests that wearing glasses makes you look more intelligent. Thick, blocky frames make you look smarter than thin ones (check out our Burberry BE2227 for this style).
First impressions can make a difference. If you want to look super smart heading into your interview, consider glasses.
You may believe that you only need to worry about ultraviolet (UV) protection for your eyes throughout the hot and sunny summer months. However, this an issue that needs to be addressed year round for glasses wearers. You may be surprised to learn that your eyes are vulnerable to damage from harmful UV rays just like your skin. Over 3 million people go blind every year due to prolonged UV exposure. It is recommended by doctors to ensure that you protect your eyes from UV rays all year in order to avoid permanent damage to your eyes.
Various areas of your eye are susceptible to UV damage including the lens, retina, and cornea among others. There are both short-term and long-term effects to excess UV exposure on your eyes. While your eyes are capable of handling some exposure, direct and long amounts exposure can be quite damaging. Your eyes can experience sunburn just like your skin can from shout amounts of exposure, this is known as photokeratitis. The side effects of photokeratitis include painful sensations and irritation in your eyes for short periods of time.
The long-term effects of UV exposure are very serious. Cataracts, blindness, and other types of permanent eye damage are possible from significant amounts of exposure to dangerous UV rays. While this may all sound a bit scary, there is luckily a very simple solution to protecting yourself.
If you are a prescription glasses wearer, wearing eyeglasses with UV protection is not enough. While it is very important to wear UV protected eyeglasses,in order to truly protect yourself all year, you will need to wear Rx sunglasses, or sunglasses filled with your prescription whenever you are in the sun. Whether it be the hottest day of the summer, or a freezing, yet sunny day of the winter, Rx sunglasses are necessary.
In case you are not familiar with prescription sunglasses, they are your typical fashionable and trendy sunglasses from top designers simply filled with your personal prescription. Rx sunglasses allow you to see just like you do from your normal eyeglasses while simultaneously protecting you from UV rays.
Need to find the perfect pair of Rx sunglasses? Luckily you’re already at the right place! Right here at www.glasses.com we have hundreds of pairs from top designers for you to choose from! Stay safe in the sun all year long!
We make ordering glasses online easy. Whether you are looking for a designer pair, or the latest Ray-Bans, we want our customers to love their glasses.
It’s not just about a seamless online ordering process for your next eye or sunglasses. Through OneSight, we’re deeply committed to ending the global vision crisis. If you buy a pair, we donate a pair. 1.1 billion people do not have access to an eye exam or a pair of glasses. We are working to solve this.
Since launching our OneSight campaign, there have been bloggers partaking in the fantastic mission of OneSight utilizing the hashtag #ShareYourSight
We decided to share some of our favorite pictures and quotes from bloggers and social influencers who participated in this campaign.
The Tip Toe Fairy
Recently, my 7th grader found out he needed glasses. Both his sister and my husband wear glasses as well. With three people in our family wearing glasses, we tend to buy them online for convenience and price.
For my son’s glasses, we chose Glasses.com. But, this isn’t just another place to buy prescription glasses. Glasses.com has partnered with OneSight, a nonprofit that’s committed to ending the global vision care crisis with their Share Your Sight program. With every purchase from Glasses.com, a pair of glasses will be donated to a person in need.
There are so many benefits to buying your glasses from Glasses.com, but my favorite is the OneSight program.
Click HERE to read more of The Tip Toe Fairy’s experience with Glasses.com and OneSight!
Recently I ordered a pair of frames from Glasses.com and I have to admit, it was the Their easiest eyeglasses purchase of my life!
I created an account and took a selfie without my glasses on. A lot of frames on their site are eligible for ”virtual try-on” which means you can see what a pair looks like on your 3D rendered image created from your selfie. I absolutely LOVED this feature because I could see exactly what different shaped lenses looked like on my face before purchasing a pair.
I could go on and on about how easy it was to order my glasses, how quickly they arrived at my door, or how much I love wearing them, but what I really want to focus on is the fact that Glasses.com is doing a lot of good in the world.
The OneSight campaign does more than just ship frames to locations around the world. They have volunteer opticians at clinics to give patients free eye exam. Volunteers also help the patients select the frames that are fitted with prescription lenses and given to them that very same day.
If you wear glasses, consider purchasing your next pair from Glasses.com and help someone else regain their vision.
Read more about Thrifty Jinxy’s Glasses.com experience by clicking HERE!
I know hearing that your child needs glasses feels like a huge crisis in the moment. And I’m not trying to negate those feelings at all, but consider how lucky we are to have this necessary vision care for our children. 1.1 billion people lack access to an eye exam or pair of glasses.
That’s another reason I support B-Inspired Mama sponsor, Glasses.com. Glasses.com partners with OneSight, an independent nonprofit committed to eradicating the global vision care crisis, to launch the “Share Your Sight” Program. Through the “Share Your Sight” Program, every purchase from Glasses.com means a pair of glasses will be provided to a person in need.
Learn more about B-Inspired Mama’s Glasses.com experience by clicking HERE!
Without sight, Eric Labra would not have the ability to hone in on his favorite hobby and skill of photography. Seeing beautiful scenery, faces, and landscapes is what inspires Eric to get out of the house and explore as much as he can.
Eric, born and raised in Austin, Texas, spends the majority of his free time exploring the fascinating city of Austin and looking for interesting places to practice his photography. He knows the importance of glasses not only for sight, but for style.
Eric loves that his Armani Exchange frames make him look like “Q” from the James Bond movies, but he says he is really more like Kelso from “That 70s Show”.
“Glasses.com makes the whole process of finding your style simple and fun. It makes you feel like you’re the one finding your own style and not just a sales person.”
Most of the photos he takes are spontaneous, just from wandering around his corky town. Lately, he has been going around town with just an idea of where he wants to shoot and then he waits until he gets there to find the real inspiration.
“The best experiences that I have are meeting all sorts of people and exploring new things that I would have definitely not done without picking up a camera.” Eric says he would be inside just playing video games if it were not for his camera.
Eric’s favorite part of photography is freezing something in time that can be shared with everyone seen through his eyes. Even if hundreds of people have been to a certain spot, Eric likes to find a different perspective.
One time while exploring, Eric and a friend got stuck on a rooftop and had to call in some other friends to rescue them. He said it was an adrenaline rush at the time, making him feel like a secret agent, but the situation reminded him of his favorite motto.
Eric’s life motto is “Don’t overthink it.” He doesn’t like to take life too seriously.
Apart from exploring Austin, his favorite places to travel to are Las Vegas and Mexico, both places where he has met and photographed a lot of friends. He loves taking portraits of his friends and using location and facial expression to create amazing photography.
“Pictures are all about lines and symmetry and glasses can really play a big part in that when you are taking a portrait.”
Eric knows that the photos of his that stand out are the ones he has taken the time to make sure everything he wants is in focus.
Michaela Knight grew up in Tampa, Florida and currently lives in Berkeley, California with her husband of two years. Michaela considers herself an adventure seeker and believes that her biggest thrill was going skydiving with her husband. She loves to look back at the video and to remember the adrenaline rush that she experienced. She truly believes that everyone should try to go skydiving at least once in their lifetime, no matter how afraid you are of heights, because nothing compares to how she felt in that moment.
Apart from going on adventures, Michaela also loves to travel. Her favorite trip thus far was traveling to London, England. Seeing all of the biggest attractions in London and getting a taste of the British lifestyle gave Michaela the “travel bug” and made her realize that there are so many places in the world that she really wants to see. After her London trip, she made a list of places that she is hoping to travel to in the future.
At the other end of the travel spectrum, another one of Michaela’s favorite places to visit is Yosemite, California. She is in awe of Yosemite’s beauty and cannot believe how green the landscape is. Yosemite holds a big place in Michaela’s heart; she traveled there four times last year.
In regards to fashion and style, this summer Michaela is really enjoying trends including overalls (she’s obsessed with her white ones), kimonos, and floppy hats. She loves to pair all of her favorite looks with the perfect pair of sunglasses.
“Sunglasses are an absolute staple of mine. They are the cherry on top for my outfit and pull everything together. Everyone should own at least one pair of glasses that they can wear with anything,” Michaela says. “I personally prefer to have plenty of options to choose from. I don’t feel complete without my favorite pair of sunnies!”
Learn More About Michaela
Michaela is a pediatric registered dental assistant in Berkeley, California. In her spare time, she enjoys going to the beach, spending time with friends, and acting. Her favorite quote to live by is the Helen Keller quote, “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”
Michaela is a huge fan of glasses.com and loves the wide variety of fashionable styles, the superb quality of the glasses, and the great cases that come with the glasses. She says, “Glasses.com makes buying glasses easy by having a user friendly site that is organized into convenient categories. I like to shop by looking through their Instagram as well.”
Fun Facts about Michaela
- Favorite Song Right Now- “7 Years” by Lukas Graham
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Favorite Animal- Spider Monkey
- Last Book She Read- “I Don’t Have to Make Everything All Better” by Gary and Joy Lundberg
- Dream Superpower- Readings minds
- Dream Decade to Time Travel To- 1920s
You can learn more about Michaela by following her on Instagram (@michaeladesireeknight) and reading her blog www.michaeladesiree.com
Say hello to summer with some brand new shades. Swimsuits and sunglasses: it’s the only wardrobe you’ll need.
Retro. Timeless. Versatile. I had tons of fun styling the iconic Clubmaster frame a few different ways, and while it’s inspired by the 50’s, it’s still absolutely modern today. I grabbed three different kinds on Glasses.com, one pair of shades from Ray-Ban, the original; a pair of specs from Von Zipper; and a pair of tortoise specs from Persol.
With the Ray-Bans I went the grungy direction, with ripped jeans and sneakers. I matched the black & gold combo of the frame with my watch and put on a large black dress-shirt to class it up a little bit.
With the specs, both black and tortoise I went for a more preppy look, one with a plaid shirt, styled with a denim jacket and chinos, and the other time with suit separates. No matter with which look, the clubmasters nicely frame the upper brows and really add to the overall aesthetic of the look. If none of these are for you, check if any of the other options Glasses.com has work for ya ;)
– Marcel Floruss of One Dapper Street
As a sponsor of Coachella this year, we had the pleasure of surprising one of our music-loving customers with passes to the festival last weekend. She shared this sweet note about her experience with us, and we just had to share it. Thanks Mary!
I could never in my wildest dreams have imagined going to Coachella, especially going VIP. Being a full time working mom and juggling all of my many responsibilities everyday, it’s hard to get time to do something for myself. Getting the call from Glasses.com was one of the most shocking and surreal things that has ever happened to me, and I honestly didn’t know what to expect. From the moment I stepped foot in California I felt small and, dare I say, extremely out of my element. Every person I encountered at Coachella was beautiful, unique, fashion forward and absolutely flawless to say the least. Being in the midst of such bold people gave me the chance to branch out with my style in the way you could never do in Tennessee–partly because you get looked at like an alien and partly because showing skin is looked down upon in the “Bible Belt.”
It’s a pretty bold statement, but my Coachella experience changed my entire outlook on life. Meeting new people from so many different places made me realize how big the world really was. AND THE MUSIC– where to begin with the music. For the first time in my life I danced myself into a state of disarray, and could honestly care less about looking like I just ran a drunk half marathon.
I saw more artists at Coachella then I have in my entire life, got the chance to stuff my face 5 times a day with the best food I’ve ever put in my mouth–maybe more than 5 times a day, but this is a judgment free zone– I danced under a huge rainbow parachute with hundreds of strangers, and even stood in the mosh pit for one of the bands (not a great idea for me). I danced, I sang, I laughed, I drank and ate more than I ever have in my entire life, and most importantly I lived in the moment and enjoyed every second of it. Now I’m just wondering how many piggy banks I have to have in order to go next year.
Have you ever dreamed of going to Coachella? Consistently off-the-charts line-up, sunny California weather, celebrities, the festival fashion, pool parties – what’s not to like? In fact, we love Coachella so much we want to share it with you. That’s why we just gave away 2 VIP tickets and…we have a winner!
Congratulations to Jason R. – you and a friend are going to Coachella Weekend 2! Sorry if you’re phone starts ringing off the hook with people begging you to take them.
On top of 2 VIP tickets to one of the best festivals in the world, we hooked Jason up with a free pair of shades of his choice and $1,000 gift card to cover any of his festival costs! Check out the excited winner:
Enjoy Coachella and be sure to order some shades before you get out there, Jason!