What is the manufacturer warranty policy?
You can view and download the Ray-Ban Stories manufacturer warranty policy here.
How do I open a warranty return request?
If you think your Ray-Ban Stories are defective and the return timeframe has expired you can open a warranty claim for a repair or replacement here . To open a claim you’ll need your product serial number and proof of purchase. The warranty is only valid for 1 years from purchase.
You can view and download the full warranty policy here.
Not sure where to find your serial number? Go here
How do I return my Ray-Ban Stories?
Returns can be initiated within 60 days of receiving your product. To return your Ray-Ban Stories please complete the following steps:
- 1. Contact Customer Care by phone at 1-800-GLASSES (800-452-7737) and they will assess the status of the glasses and arrange the return for you.
- 2. Import all of your captures to your phone or the Facebook View app.
- 3. Factory reset the glasses to remove your personal data and delete your captures.
- 4. Turn off the glasses.
- 5. Prepare your return with the box that your glasses arrived in. In addition to the glasses please add all of the accessories, including the charging case and cable. If the box is no longer available or in a suitable condition, please ask Customer Care for a return kit and we’ll mail you everything you need to complete the return.
- 6. Follow the shipping instructions listed on your box. Or download the instructions here.
What do I need to use Ray-Ban Stories?
To operate Ray-Ban Stories you need to connect your glasses with a smart phone and the Facebook View App. Here’s the complete checklist:
- • Smart phone with a recently released operating system: Android 8.1 and above (with location services enabled) or iPhone 6S or above, running iOS 13 and above
- • Wireless internet access
- • USB-C charging plug (if charging from a power outlet and not directly from a USB point)
- • A valid Facebook account
- • Facebook View App (downloadable from your App store or by scanning this QR code)
What's included with my Ray-Ban Stories glasses?
Your Ray-Ban Stories comes with the following accessories and user manuals:
- • Charging case
- • Type-C to Type-C USB charging cable
- • Soft glasses pouch
- • Quick Start Guide
- • Safety & Warranty Guide (also downloadable here)
How do I download the Facebook View app?
You can download the Ray-Ban Stories companion app, Facebook View, from the Apple App or Google Play stores. Download now
- • The app is only available to download in supported countries.
How do I set up my Ray-Ban Stories?
- 1. Download the Facebook View app from your app store and log in using your Facebook account.
- 2. Turn on the Bluetooth setting on your phone.
- 3a. Start by turning on your glasses. Slide and hold the power switch towards the lens until the notification LED starts blinking white, then release it. The notification LED blinks white while your glasses turn on, which can take up to a minute. When the notification LED turns solid green, you're ready to continue. (If you can’t complete this step, continue to 3b, otherwise move on to step 4)
- 3b. Your glasses should arrive partially charged, however you may need to charge your glasses before moving on to step 4. Place them inside the charging case and connect the case to a power source.
- 4. Put your glasses into Bluetooth pairing mode. Slide and hold the power switch for 5 seconds and release when the light blinks blue. Your glasses will appear in the app when they're in pairing mode, which can take up to 10 seconds.
- 5. Continue following the instructions in the Facebook View app to finish setting up your glasses.
- 6. Enjoy exploring your world in a new way with Ray-Ban Stories.
For illustrated set up instructions, please refer to the Facebook View app.
Can I change the lenses of my Ray-Ban Stories after I've bought them?
You can't change your Ray-Ban Stories lenses and attempting to do so will invalidate the warranty. At the time of purchase, you’re free to choose from a range of lens colors, lens treatments, and whether you’d like to add your prescription.
You can view the complete range of frame and lens combinations here.
Do I need WiFi access to use Ray-Ban Stories?
Your glasses use Wi-Fi in 2 different ways:
- 1. For normal use, the app connects to your Wi-Fi network.
- 2. When importing captures or installing firmware updates, the app will connect directly to your glasses' temporary Wi-Fi network.
Where do I find the product serial number of my glasses and case?
You can find your Ray-Ban Stories Serial Number in two places:
- 1. In the Facebook View app under: Settings - My Glasses - About
- 2. Printed on the inside of the left temple of your glasses.
You can also find your case Serial Number in two places:
- 1. In the Facebook View app under: Settings - My Glasses - About
- 2. Printed on the case interior.
How do I pair my glasses using bluetooth?
If you’ve paired your phone and glasses before, they should automatically pair again. To pair them for the first time, follow these set up instructions.
If your glasses aren't connecting to the app, follow the in-app suggestions or manually try the following actions:
- 1. Forget Device in your phone’s Bluetooth menu and pair them again
- 2. Close and relaunch the Facebook View app
- 3. Download the latest version of the app from your app store
- 4. Make sure your glasses are sufficiently charged
- 5. Force restart the device (instructions available)
How do I charge my Ray-Ban Stories?
Charging your glasses.
To charge your glasses, put them in the charging case*. You'll know your glasses are charging when the case LED blinks after you've docked them and closed the case.
*The first time you charge your glasses you need to remove the protective plastic tab from the metal charging connections on the case. When you dock your glasses, the left temple should attach to the metal charging connections and the right temple should gently rest on the right side of the case.
Charging your case
To charge your charging case, use the USB cable that came with your glasses to connect the case with a charger or port. To charge from a wall outlet, you'll need a USB-C plug, which is not included with your glasses.
Your charging case has an LED indicator on the front of the case, which shows charge status of the case or glasses.
When you open the case without your glasses inside, the LED will show the charge level of your case. Green means that your case has over 80% charge and orange means you have less than 80% charge. If you see red blinking, this means your case is out of battery.
When you open the case and your glasses are charging inside, the LED will show the charge level of your glasses. Red means the case is out of battery or your glasses are not charging, green means that your glasses are fully charged, and pulsing orange means your glasses are charging. If your case is plugged in, the LED will remain on. If your case is not plugged in, the LED indicator will show charge level for 8 seconds.
You can also see the charging status via the Facebook View app within Settings.
You’ll be able to see the battery status of your glasses via the Facebook View app within Settings. If the glasses are charging in the case, you’ll also see the battery status of your case.
How long does the battery last? / How often will I need recharge?
Your Ray-Ban Stories glasses and Charging Case have a different charge lifecycles:
A fully charged case provides 3 additional frame charges.
You can fully the charge case to 100% in 180 minutes.
Fully charged glasses last up to 6 hours for moderate usage and up to 3 hours with continuous audio streaming and Facebook Assistant. This may vary with use and other factors.
The glasses can capture and sync up to 50 videos or up to 200 photos per full charge.
You can fully charge the glasses to 100% in 70 minutes in the charging case.
You can quick charge the glasses to 50% in 30 minutes in the charging case.
How do I take a picture or video using Ray-Ban Stories?
There are two ways to take photos and videos with your Ray-Ban Stories:
- 1. One-touch control
To take a photo, press and hold the capture button. The white notification LED will blink and make a sound during the capture.
To record a video, press the capture button once to record a 30-second video. Press again to stop recording. The white notification LED will stay on while you're recording.
- 2. Hands-free voice command
When Facebook Assistant is wake word enabled, you can use your voice to take a photo or video. Say "Hey Facebook, take a photo" or "Hey Facebook, take a video."
When you take a photo or video, the capture LED will activate to indicate to those around you that you may be recording. To learn more, watch the Product Tour via the Facebook View app within Settings.
How do the audio controls work?
Use the touchpad on the right-side temple of your glasses to control playback and volume:
- • Tap once to pause / resume playback
- • Tap once to pause or play audio
- • Double tap to skip forward
- • Triple tap to skip back
- • Swipe forward to turn the volume up
- • Swipe back to turn the volume down
When you close your glasses, audio streaming will pause. When you reopen the glasses, they will reconnect via Bluetooth.
How do I adjust volume on my glasses?
To adjust volume on your glasses, swipe forward on the touchpad to turn up volume and swipe back to turn down volume. You can check how the volume sounds to people around you by removing your glasses while media is playing.
You can also adjust the volume of system sounds in the Facebook View app. Some examples of system sounds include low-battery warning and a sound to indicate you're taking a photo.
To adjust the volume of system alerts:
- 1. From the Stella app, tap on your profile photo in the top right.
- 2. Tap System Alerts.
- 3. Tap System Sounds.
How do I import media from my glasses to my smart phone?
- 1. Enable Bluetooth on your phone and pair your glasses and phone via the Facebook View app.
- 2. Tap the circular download button in the lower right hand corner of the app home screen, which shows how many captures are available for download.
- 3. For things that require a fast connection to download, like import and firmware updates, your glasses will temporarily connect to their internal Wi-F network. On iOS, accept the “Join Wi-Fi Network” request and the glasses will start to transfer the files to the app.
How do I turn on Facebook Assistant for my Ray-Ban Stories?
You can enable Facebook Assistant in the settings of the Facebook View app.
To turn Facebook Assistant on or off:
- 1. Open Facebook View and tap your profile picture in the top right of the screen.
- 2. Tap Facebook Assistant, then tap the toggle next to Facebook Assistant.
Which languages does Facebook Assistant support?
Facebook Assistant is currently available for English only.
What should I do if my glasses won't turn on?
If you’re glasses aren’t turning on, try the following steps:
- 1. Dock the glasses inside the charging case and charge for an hour. Make sure the charging pins on the case and glasses are clean. If the glasses are charging, the LED indicator on the case will show pulsing orange. If you don’t see a charging indicator, try charging the case from a different outlet, with a different cable, with a different charger or with a USB-C charging block.
- 2. Slide and hold the power switch for 5-10 seconds to check for the glasses notification LED indicator. The LED will blink white for about 12 seconds and will turn solid green when the glasses are ready to use.
- 3. If you’ve tried steps 1 to 3 and your glasses still don’t turn on after several hours of charging, you can request a replacement pair. Please refer to Warranty return FAQ for instructions on how to begin a replacement request.
- • Your glasses and charging case should arrive partially charged.
- • Using the case is the only method to charge your glasses.
- • Software updates requires a minimum charge level that varies depending on temperature. The Facebook View app shows a warning message if your glasses need more charge to proceed with an update.
My glasses aren't pairing with the app, what should I do?
If your glasses aren’t pairing with the Facebook View app, try the following troubleshooting steps.
Make sure that:
- 1. Your glasses are charged and turned on: Slide and hold the power switch towards the lens until the notification LED starts blinking white, then release it. The white LED will blink while your glasses turn on. When it turns solid green, you’re ready to continue.
- 2. Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
- 3. Your glasses are unpaired on your phone. If you are on iOS, go to your phone's bluetooth settings. Tap the info icon next to your glasses from the list of devices. Tap Forget This Device. This step isn't necessary on Android devices.
- 4. The device is in pairing mode: Slide and hold the power switch for 5 seconds and release when the light blinks blue. Your glasses will appear in the app when they're in pairing mode, which can take up to 10 seconds.
If Ray-Ban Stories still doesn’t appear in the app, complete the following steps:
- 1. Turn your glasses off and back on again.
- 2. Try quitting the Facebook View app and reopening it.
If you’re still unable to pair to the app during setup, please contact customer care
I'm having issues using "Hey Facebook" with Ray-Ban Stories. What should I do?
When you say “Hey Facebook,” the notification LED will pulse white to let you know Facebook Assistant is listening. If Assistant doesn't respond to your voice, check the following:
- • Make sure your glasses are on and the battery is charged.
- • Check that Assistant and "Hey Facebook" are enabled in the settings of Facebook View.
- • Make sure there’s no background noise that might be disrupting or interfering with Assistant.
Where can I find more information on privacy and data related to Ray-Ban Stories and Facebook View?
Additional privacy or data information is provided at the Facebook View Help Center.
Where can I get more information or support if I don't find my answer in the FAQ?
We’re sorry that you haven’t found the answer you’re looking for. You can find further information and contact details for our customer care via the Ray-Ban Help Center.
You can also visit the Facebook Help Center for more information on the Facebook View app.
What is the company doing in light of COVID-19?
We are determined to maintain the same level of confidence among our customers. Today, our facilities around the world are up and running, including our warehouses, labs and production plants in U.S., Italy and China. We have decided to partially reduce our production to implement strong health and safety protocols. Since Luxottica always maintains good level of inventory, we will have you covered. In terms of safety, our vertically integrated supply chain allows us full visibility of the manufacturing and distribution process. When our products leave our factory, they do so in the safest, cleanest manner, packed and shipped by a carefully trained staff member after undergoing extensive checks.
How are the glasses cleaned/sanitized?
Anti-bacterial wipes are used to clean each pair of eyeglasses or sunglasses. It’s also worth noting that when a customer purchases a pair of frames, they are getting a completely new pair from our stock, handled with sanitized gloves.
Where are your products made?
Our products are made in one of our Luxottica-owned plants in either the U.S., Italy or China depending on the product. When our products leave our factory, they are packed and shipped by a carefully trained staff member after undergoing extensive checks.
Are your packages safe to open?
Yes. When our products leave our factory, they are packed and shipped by a carefully trained staff member after undergoing extensive checks. Furthermore, according the World Health Organization , it is safe to open packages from China, Italy and other countries where COVID-19 has been reported.
Are packages coming from China and other high-risk countries safe to open?
Coronaviruses have poor resistance in the environment, so the possibility that the virus is transmitted by goods that travel for days or weeks at room temperatures is low. Current scientific knowledge suggests that coronaviruses propagate only through droplets of biological fluids.
Should I expect delays in deliveries due to the COVID-19 emergency?
Our courier service partners are using their logistics network to minimize service impacts so we can continue to deliver the best possible service to our customers
Are your online deliveries safe?
When you buy online you avoid close contact with people who might be sick. All our courier service partners have strict protocols in place to ensure all precautionary measures are followed.
Placing orders and shipping
Yes. On the product page, as you configure your frames and lenses, you can select "Frame Only." This option will include the frames only without prescription lenses.
All you need is an up to date copy of your glasses prescription and a valid credit card, or if you prefer you can use PayPal.
No. These prescriptions are generally different from each other.
The pupillary distance is simply the measurement between the
centers of the pupils in your eyes in millimeters.
Click here for more information.
We accept all valid credit cards, PayPal and Affirm as payment methods.
How does Affirm work?
Buy now and pay later by splitting your eyeglasses or
sunglasses purchase into three monthly and easy payments.
When placing your order just select Affirm at checkout and your payments will be split into three instalments without interest or hidden fees.
How can I order with Affirm?
When placing an order, just select Affirm as your payment method during checkout. They’ll notify you within seconds if you’ve been approved for a loan once you’ve completed their application process.
How do I contact Affirm for any questions?
Please allow up to 10 days for manufacturing after prescription
Prescription Eyeglasses: With our free standard shipping, you will receive your glasses within 5-7 business days after shipment.
Plano Sunglasses: With our free standard shipping, you will receive your sunglasses in about 5-7 business days.
If you need them faster, you can have them rush shipped (1-2 business days) for just $14.99.
We have two shipping options available:
- Green Shipping (FREE) - Up to 7 business days
- Express Delivery ($14.99) - 1-2 Business Days
Yes. You can check the status of your order by signing in to your account and checking your order history.
You have an hour starting from when you checked out to change anything to do with your order.
Green shipping option is fulfilled by logistics providers using sustainable solutions to reduce
climate impact. Delivery may take up to 7 business days.
The providers calculate carbon emissions from pickup to delivery; the carbon emissions are then offset through climate protection projects including reforestation, renewable energy, waste disposal, wind power and others, supported by the logistics providers.
The carbon neutral service is verified by a certified auditing company (i.e. Société Générale de Surveillance)
Below the list of the Green Shipping Suppliers
*Some exclusions may apply.
What is your return policy?
If you used your insurance but decided to return your order, a request is sent to the insurance
company to reinstate benefits.
Returns within 60 Days for full refunds excluding shipping and handling charges.
You can return your glasses within 60 days of receiving your product. We will pay for return shipping.
All frames have a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects.
Damaged Spectacles Replacement
If your glasses or sunglasses are damaged within the first year, we will offer you 50% off the same frames as a replacement. If we do not carry the same frame, we will discount your order for the new frames by 50% of what you paid for the original frames.
How do I return the glasses I purchased online?
- Visit our Return Request page and provide your item(s) and order details. Within 48 hours, we will email a prepaid shipping label or an update on your request.
- Once you get the email, print out the prepaid shipping label, pack up the product in the same box you got with your order. Attach the shipping label and send it off.
- Once we've received your returned product, as long as it's in original condition and undamaged, we'll refund your purchase. It will show up as a credit on your card. You'll receive an email from us that confirms your refund.
- Please keep in mind that it may take about 7-10 days to receive the refund. If you feel it's been too long, please give our customer service agents a call and we’ll help you with any doubt you may have.
- For Ray-Ban Stories only, contact our Customer Service via phone at 1-800-GLASSES (800-452-7737) and they will assess the status of the glasses and arrange the return for you.
You can get a glasses prescription from either an Optometrist
or Ophthalmologist. If you already have had an exam, your eye care provider is required by law to
release a copy to you.
We can also help arrange a $50 eye exam at thousands of eye exam partners. Chat online or email us at email@example.com, and we will be happy to assist you.
You can scan it and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The pupillary distance is simply the measurement between the
centers of the pupils in your eyes in millimeters.
Click here for more information.
When you look at your prescription for eyeglasses, you will
see numbers listed under the headings of OS and OD. OS (oculus sinister) means the left eye and OD
(oculus dextrus) means the right eye. Occasionally, you will see a notation for OU, which means it
involves both eyes. The further away from zero the number on your prescription, the stronger
prescription you need. A “plus” (+) in front of the number means you are farsighted, and a “minus”
(-) means you are nearsighted.
If you have astigmatism, there will be three numbers in your prescription. The general form for writing these numbers is S x C x Axis.
Yes. If you have an FSA or HSA debit card, you can simply enter that card's information at check out, just like a normal credit card. Don’t have an FSA or HSA debit card? You can check out using your credit card and then get reimbursed directly from your FSA or HSA provider. Most providers require you to submit a reimbursement form along with an itemized receipt or invoice. Just log into your account and print out the required information.
You can use your vision insurance benefits online. Browse your favorite products, add them to your cart and then access your benefits to see how much your out-of-pocket price will be.
We accept many vision insurance plans including EyeMed, Anthem, Aetna Vision Preferred, Humana Vision, and more.
If your insurance is accepted, we can find your benefit/plan information using this method below:
- Personal Information
- Member First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Zip code or SSN last 4 digits
Need some help? Chat with us or send an email to email@example.com.
You may also use out-of-network benefits for most other vision
insurance companies. You can complete and print the out-of-network claim form here.
Need some help? Chat online or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can help you get started.
Unfortunately, we cannot retroactively apply in-network insurance benefits. You may be able to submit an out-of-network claim using this form.
Once the glasses are received by Glasses.com, a request is sent to the insurance company to reinstate benefits. It can take up to 2 business days from the time the request is sent to the insurance company for the benefits to be reinstated.
Glasses.com has partnered with LensCrafters for Free
adjustments and fittings!
Simply show your receipt from Glasses.com to any LensCrafters associate, and they'll take care everything at no cost to you.
You can follow these 3 steps for cleaning eyeglasses and sunglasses:
- Run your glasses under lukewarm water. Don’t use hot water as it could harm the lenses
- Put a small drop of dish soap on your fingertips and rub gently on both sides of the lenses and nose pads
- Rinse with water, and gently dry with a clean, microfiber cloth
No, we don’t have any retail stores because we make the digital experience even better.
We use the highest quality lens materials:
- Our standard high-clarity lenses ($35) include no-glare, scratch-resistant coatings with 100% UV protection. Suitable for most glasses wearers but not recommended for semi-rimless and rimless frame styles. If you play sports or are buying for a child, we recommend upgrading to our polycarbonate lenses for high-impact resistance.
- Impact Resistant Polycarbonate ($79): Recommended for high-impact protection or playing sports. Our high quality polycarbonate lenses include no-glare and scratch-resistant treatments of standard CR-39, plus UV protection.
- Ultra Lightweight High Index ($139): Recommended for high prescriptions, which are typically outside the range of -3.00 to +2.00. High index lenses ensure you get the thinnest lens with high tensile strength for maximum durability. These also include no-glare and scratch-resistant treatments, plus UV protection.
Yes. We sell top brand sunglasses fitted with high-quality prescription sunglass lenses.
No, we don’t sell Oakley Prizm lenses in prescription.
This is a lens treatment that is applied to the surface of
glasses lenses that reduces glare and reflections. This treatment improves vision by allowing more
light to reach your eye. It also improves the look of your glasses by eliminating the reflection on
your lenses so that people can see your eyes.
We also offer CleanShield™ Elite No Glare as a lens upgrade. This premium anti-glare treatment is super hydrophobic—meaning you’ll have less smudging, easier lens cleaning and a prolonged life of your lenses. This treatment reduces glare so much, your friends will do double takes to see if you have lenses at all.
Transitions® lenses are clear when indoors and at night. Once outdoors, and depending on the amount of UV light present, these lenses change automatically to become darker. Transitions® is the #1 eyecare-professional recommended photochromic lens worldwide.
Yes. We sell no-line bifocals (progressives) only for eyeglasses. We offer some of the latest and greatest no-line bifocal products on the planet.
Progressive lenses have three prescriptions in one. That allows you to do close-up work (like reading a book), middle-distance work (like checking out a website on a computer), or distance viewing (like driving) without needing to change your glasses. They're sometimes called multifocal lenses.