Terms And Conditions
Terms of Service
No Professional Advice
- All information, products, services, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, software and other Content contained on or used in the website is protected by United States and international copyright laws. All rights reserved.
- The trademarks, logos, service marks and trade dress (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on the website are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Glasses.com or others. The Trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or in any manner that disparages or discredits Glasses.com. All other trademarks not owned by Glasses.com or its subsidiaries that appear on this website are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Glasses.com or its subsidiaries.
- Images of people, objects or places displayed on the website are either the property of, or used with permission by, Glasses.com.
- We own or use by permission all software contained on the website, including without limitation all HTML code. Copyright and other laws and international treaty provisions protect this software. The law expressly prohibits any modification, redistribution or reproduction of the software, and such actions could result in severe civil and criminal penalties. We will seek and support prosecuting violators to the maximum extent possible.
- You may not copy, display, distribute, download, license, modify, publish, re-post, reproduce, reuse, sell, transmit, use to create a derivative work or otherwise use the Content of the website for public or commercial purposes without Glasses.com's authorization. Nothing on this website shall be construed to confer any grant or license of any intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, by implication or otherwise.
We also reserve the right to disclose any information necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
Website License and Prohibited Uses
- resell or commercially use this website or its contents;
- download or copy any account information for the benefit of another merchant or other person or entity;
- use any false or inaccurate information for purposes of establishing an account with us;
- provide any information or take any other action with the purpose of establishing an account with us in order to place test orders;
- delete or revise any material or other information of ours or any other user;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
- collect or otherwise use any data located on the website for litigation or legislative purposes;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the website's infrastructure;
- use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website or any activity being conducted on this website;
- use any engine, software, tool, agent or other mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the website other than (i) the search engine and search agents available from Glasses.com and (ii) generally available third party web browsers
- allow any other person or entity to use your Customer Number or other identifying information;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Service; or
You further agree not to violate or attempt to violate the security of the website, including, without limitation, actions such as:
- accessing data not intended for you or logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, by way of submitting a virus to or overloading, using any type of spyware or redirecting software, "flooding," "spamming," "mailbombing" or "crashing" the website;
- forcing the placement of cookies;
- sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; or
- forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or posting.
This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout or form) of Glasses.com without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing Glasses.com name or Trademarks without our express written consent. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by us. You are granted a limited, revocable and non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of Glasses.com so long as the link does not portray Glasses.com or our products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any Glasses.com logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without our express written permission.
Please note that besides adding prescription values manually, California residents are also required to electronically transmit their valid prescription by uploading it during the lens selection.
Reselling Products Prohibited
Reviews, Comments, Communications and Other Content
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Glasses.com and a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Glasses.com and any of our sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Glasses.com for all claims resulting from content you supply. We have the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (i.e., web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work;
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on the website where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is either the owner, or is authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, Ohio 45040
We may terminate your access, or suspend your access to all or part of the website, without notice, for any conduct that we, in our sole discretion, believe is in violation of any applicable law or is harmful to the interests of another user or us.
Because customer service is paramount to our business, we reserve the right to refuse to sell products to you if it reasonably appears to us that you intend to resell the products. In addition, we reserve the right to limit quantities of items purchased by each customer.
Links to Third Party Websites
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, GLASSES.COM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. GLASSES.COM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE, ITS SERVERS OR E-MAIL SENT FROM GLASSES.COM ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. GLASSES.COM WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Website Policies and Modification
Luxottica Retail Insurance Online Claims System Terms And Conditions
The System is intended to benefit Vision Care insurance network Members and their authorized agents (“Members”) by providing access to review information related to Members (“Members”) and help said Members address benefits inquiries, product inquires, facilitate claim submissions, lab material submissions, and review expected payment information for their Luxottica Retail eCommerce transactions.
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”), and the other documents referenced in these Terms, together form a binding legal agreement (“Agreement”) between you (“you” and “your”) and EyeMed as of the date you first access the System or accept these Terms, including electronically (the “Effective Date”). You and Luxottica Retail are each a “party” to the Agreement and together are the “parties” to this Agreement.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. ALL USE OF THE SYSTEM AND ALL DATA AND INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SYSTEM ARE SUBJECT TO YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SYSTEM, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SYSTEM AND IF YOU VIOLATE THIS AGREEMENT LUXOTTICA RETAIL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO BAN YOU FROM ACCESSING IT IN THE FUTURE.
4. System ACCESS
5. System ACCOUNT
9. NO ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION
11. TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION
12. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
13.1 NO PROFESSIONAL ADVICE
THE SYSTEM AND THE ONLINE CLAIM SYSTEM SERVICES DO NOT PROVIDE VISION OR OTHER MEDICAL OR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR VISION OR OTHER MEDICAL OR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT OR RECOMMENDATIONS. ALL DATA, INFORMATION, AND CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SYSTEM AND THE ONLINE CLAIM SYSTEM SERVICES IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES OR GENERAL GUIDANCE ONLY. YOUR USE OF THE SYSTEM AND THE SYSTEM SERVICES DOES NOT CREATE A PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH LUXOTTICA RETAIL AND DOES NOT CREATE ANY PRIVACY INTERESTS OTHER THAN THOSE DESCRIBED HEREIN OR IN YOUR MEMBER AGREEMENT. LUXOTTICA RETAIL DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE ANY SPECIFIC PHYSICIANS, PRODUCTS, PROCEDURES, OPINIONS OR OTHER CONTENT THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SYSTEM OR SYSTEM SERVICES. YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT APPEARING ON THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
13.2 NO ADDITIONAL WARRANTIES
ALL SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY (INCLUDING THE SYSTEM AND ALL SYSTEM SERVICES) IS PROVIDED BY LUXOTTICA RETAIL AND ITS LICENSORS AND MEMBERS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR COVENANTS OF ANY KIND. LUXOTTICA RETAIL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, AND YOU DISCLAIM ANY RELIANCE ON, ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND COVENANTS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THIS AGREEMENT AND THE SYSTEM OR ANY SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY, INCLUDING ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY LUXOTTICA RETAIL OR ITS AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES WILL CREATE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR COVENANTS UNLESS CONFIRMED IN WRITING BY LUXOTTICA RETAIL AS AN AMENDMENT TO THIS AGREEMENT.
14. CERTAIN LIABILITIES
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
16.1 Your Data
The data and information you provide or make available through the System or when accessing the System Services through the System, including all claims data (“Your Data”), is subject to your Member Agreement. This Agreement does not limit the obligations or responsibilities of either party under your Member Agreement regarding Your Data and each party remains responsible for its use and processing of Your Data as specified in your Member Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, Luxottica Retail may rely upon the accuracy and completeness of Your Data and is not responsible if any of Your Data is inaccurate and incomplete. You will obtain all rights, authorizations, consents, and permissions necessary to provide Your Data to Luxottica Retail through the System and to permit the processing of Your Data through the System and the System Services under this Agreement. You will notify Luxottica Retail promptly of any unauthorized submission of Your Data through the System. Except as may be specified in your Member Agreement, Luxottica Retail is not responsible or liable for any deletion, correction, destruction, damage, loss, or failure with respect to Your Data. Subject to your Member Agreement, Luxottica Retail may take remedial action if Your Data violates this Agreement, provided that Luxottica Retail is under no obligation to review Your Data for accuracy, completeness, or potential liability.
16.2 System Data
As between the parties, any data and information provided or made available to You through the System or the System Services, excluding only Your Data (“System Data”), is the property of Luxottica Retail and its data Members. You will request and obtain System Data through the System only as permitted under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) for treatment, payment, and healthcare operations purposes related to the End User to which such System Data relates and you will access, use, disclose, and process System Data solely for such purpose, at all times only as permitted by the Member Agreement. Except as may be expressly provided in your Member Agreement, all System Data is provided for informational purposes only and you are solely responsible for verifying the accuracy, completeness, and applicability of all System Data before using or relying rely upon any System Data. Except as may be expressly permitted in this Agreement or your Member Agreement, You will not, and will not permit any third party to: (a) alter, modify, reproduce, or create derivative works of any System Data; (b) distribute, sell, resell, lend, loan, lease, license, sublicense, or transfer any System Data; (c) store or retain any System Data, including for purposes of assembling a database or dataset based on or containing System Data; or (d) otherwise access, use, disclose, or process System Data. You will not alter, obscure or remove any copyright, trademark or any other notices that are provided on or in connection with any System Data. You will implement reasonable and appropriate information security safeguards to prevent access, use, disclosure, or processing of System Data other than as permitted under this Agreement. As part of the foregoing, You will maintain a written information security program, including administrative, physical, and technical safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of System Data and to prevent any unlawful, unauthorized, or improper access, use, disclosure, or processing thereof or any breach or compromise of Your information security safeguards (“Data Incident”). You will promptly, but in no case less than two  business days, notify Luxottica Retail of any suspected or actual Data Incident. You will maintain policies and procedures for remedying and mitigating the effects of any Data Incident. You will fully cooperate with Luxottica Retail in the investigation, mitigation, and remediation of any Data Incident. You will comply with any request and follow any instruction received from Luxottica Retail as necessary for Luxottica Retail or you to comply with applicable law or regulation with respect to any System Data or the access, use, disclosure, or processing thereof, including any valid request by any Member or other third party to restrict or limit access to, delete, provide access to, amend, or provide an accounting with respect to System Data. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in this Section is intended to limit the rights of any End User to utilize any System Data regarding that End User as allowed under applicable law.